May 24, 2012

SHAMELESS FASHION


It bothers me when people criticize fashion in a sense that they “think” they know every meaning behind the word itself. Sure most people have their own perception, but to me the word “fashion” is merely a noun to the distinct significance behind what you choose to wear day after day, even the socks you wear to bed has a story for its dignified existence. “Fashion” ladies and gentlemen is the expression used to depict your individualism in the most visual and sometimes unbarring way. You wear what makes you inimitable for the whole world to see. It’s the purest and sincerest form of art I know. So before you go about bashing me because “I like fashion” let’s get one thing straight, it’s not about liking it, we live around it every day. Who’s to say I’m fashionable at all? I’m a bargain shopper and dress to comfort. Brazen to say I went to an imperatively high fashion party not too long ago and one of the top designers of my country asked me who I was wearing, shamelessly I said “Forever 21”. Quickly after I found out he secretly thought I was wearing a dress by my friend (also a high fashion designer) whom I attended the party with. There’s a lesson for ya! It’s not about what you wear; it’s about how you wear it. No one is to judge what you wear and who designed it because “fashion” is your own free choice of expression.

With that being said, Goodnight bloggers x 

No comments:

Post a Comment